Friday, June 24, 2011

Turkey's First Mosque Designed by a Woman

Totally forgetting to leave a protein out to thaw while I was at work, I scoured into my fridge looking for something to cook up for dinner.  I came across an emergency reserve of Turkey Keilbasa. Jonsing to get on the open gas flame again, I fired up the gas grill.  While the turkey was cooking I pulled out a can of pink beans and found some onions in the fridge.  The following is what came about.

  • Diced onions tomatoes and sauteed them in a pan in olive oil.  Chucked in the can of pink beans afterwards, cooked on medium low.  I sprinkled rosemary on top.
  • After removing the kielbasa from the grill I quartered them and chucked those into the beans and stirred.  Cooked for a few minutes longer.

I then plated the food onto a bowl, mixed in some heated tomato sauce, sprinkled some feta cheese then Parmesan cheese on top.

In the end I thought the meal came out a little too salty.  I’m wondering if I didn’t need to ad the feta for that after taste bite.  Lesson learned I suppose.



walking into Blue Mosque



Dondurma Seller

usually, he makes some attraction and jokes while serving the dondurma (ice cream). the seller wearing the traditional clothes in his perform.



isabella, alexa, ernesto



Dolmabahçe Palace view from the Bosphorus



reina, night club in istanbul





Deodorant sprayed to Istanbul from Galata Tower. 



I found this.

For you.  It’s godsent.

Women’s rights in the Islamic world are grim; even in Turkey, which has a secular government, feminism is still a foreign concept. But Zeynep Fadillioglu has quietly pulled off a coup: She’s the first woman in Turkey to design a mosque…”

read more..

No comments:

Post a Comment