Thursday, June 16, 2011

A fabulous restaurant that was not expensive at all that we...



Euphrates River, by Guy Laliberte





Mihrimah Sultan Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey

I see part of the turkey meat in my salad looks like a…

Some people see Jesus in their tortillas…I see seahorses in my salad.

weeeeeeird. lol



I’ve recently rediscovered AllRecipes.com Fun stuff. I’ve always pulled up last minute dinner or potluck ideas from there but now it has taken a whole new turn… food pics! I’m one of those annoying people that take pictures of what they are eating. Now, i can magically upload them into the site where i  found the receipe, or even upload my own so people can see my food pics. 

This really shouldn’t be as excited about this, i’m sure it will be just another site i forget about in a few months… but for now… sweet!

photo: Pesto turkey meatballs i made from a receipe there. sooo good. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mozzarella-Stuffed-Pesto-Turkey-Meatballs/Detail.aspx

Got home from the gym today and made myself a little snack while I was cooking dinner

Half cup of Cucumbers: 10 ( i love how low cal cucumbers are!!!)

1Tablespoon of veggie dip: 55

After that I went on to make my lunch… Yes I cooked.. Be very shocked. 

Turkey Breast (4oz): 194

1 Cup Pasta: 200

2 Cups Mixed veggies (Cali flower, Brocolli, and carrots): 60

total for the meal: 

Cal: 454  Carbs:51  Protien:42 Fat:8

And I must say- I am stuffed. In a good way.

Rania Abouzeid: Refugees in the Dark:

Across the Turkish border, along steep mountainous terrain, refugees on the outskirts of the Syrian town of Khirbet al-Jouz recount their experience.

Time || June 14, 2011



He Loves You, He Beats You


IN TURKEY, 42 PERCENT of women have experienced physical or sexual violence at the hands of their husband or partner, according to a study by a leading Turkish university. While the government can be credited with passing strong laws to protect women, these laws are rarely enforced, and additional protections are needed. more.



#Syrian makes a huge flag to #protest the regime in #Turkey



A fabulous restaurant that was not expensive at all that we found via the No Reservations blog from the Istanbul Episode. Awesome food…truly awesome. Other awesome thing: no one spoke a damn bit of English, which made for a good adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment