Sunday, June 26, 2011

In 9 hours I will be on the airport in Frankfurt. I’m very excited because I’m a bit...



I have officially been in Istanbul for two days and it’s INCREDIBLE! I want to live here someday! 

“There is a city in Southeaster Turkey called “Batman””

- I would move there in a heartbeat. 

“The design of the Sultan Ahmed Mosque is the culmination of two centuries of both Ottoman mosque and Byzantine church development. The architect has ably synthesized the ideas of his master Sinan, aiming for overwhelming size, majesty and splendour.”

-The Blue Mosque



This is one of the Iznik tile decoration in Selimiye Mosque in the Edirne, Turkey. Note the Chinese like motif in the forms of floral and vegetal pattern.



This is another example of Iznik Tiling. This particular speciment is taken from the Enderun Library in the Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey. You can note that the preferred colours used are shades of blue and ochre, along with greens.



Abandoned Town of Kayakoy in Mugla, Turkey

Thousands of Greek speaking Christians lived in this town just south of Fethiye in southwestern Turkey for hundreds of years. The rather large village has been a virtual ghost town since the end of the Greco-Turkish War. Over 500 houses and several Greek Orthodox churches populate this garden of decaying structures. Some home exists for a resurgence of this old city, as organic farmers and craftsmen have begun to trickle in to this fringe community. Abandoned since 1923. (click on photo for more info)



In 9 hours I will be on the airport in Frankfurt. I’m very excited because I’m a bit scared of airplanes. But that’s because of my lovely father. Everytime we sit on our sits he makes me insecure. Well, I hope it’s gonna be a good flight to Turkey. :)

Bye. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment