Sunday, June 19, 2011

getting rained on in an underground roman cistern - Turkey



Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini, Red Peppers, Carrots…Horseradish Mashed Potatoes, and peas…



Ready and waiting.



My very first panorama shot. (I know: it’s like the Vonnegut: I’m behind everyone.)

Taken in Kapadokya.





11th century painting in a cave in Kapadokya.

What’s eery is that the caves were too dark for me to really see these paintings on Thursday. It’s only now, sitting at my computer with a cup of coffee in hand, that I really see them.

It’s like a visual stereophonic effect, with the experience and the photo as the two sources of sound, and memory as the ears.



I forget (oops) but I think this was the entrance to the part of the palace where they keep all the religious relics and the room where the Quran is read 24 hours a day.







(via Ölüdeniz : Mediterranean Sea, Turkey)



getting rained on in an underground roman cistern - Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment